About Anstice Communications
Founded in 2009, Anstice Communications (Anstice) has become one of the country’s leading integrated communications companies. Anstice activates brands through earned, owned and paid content to build relationships with target audiences in the environments they live. Recognizing the constantly changing environment, Anstice recently evolved its business model from a purely public relations agency into a fully integrated strategic marketing communications business. Anstice offers in-house creative services, one-on-one business consultation, audience planning and research, social and digital expertise, public and media relations, etc.
Are you The One?
At Anstice we set out to create change. We challenge the status quo. We question the way businesses communicate and market their brands because there is no “one-size-fits-all approach.” Our entrepreneurial spirit is what makes us tick. It’s an approach that actively seeks out change, rather than waiting to adapt to it. It’s a mindset that isn’t afraid to ask tough questions, innovate, and to deliver service and continuous improvement.
It takes a unique individual to inspire to impact. Are you…
- Passionate about what you do and the impact it creates?
- Tenacious about delivering quality and setting high benchmarks of success?
- Insightful and willing to bring new ideas to the table to solve problems?
- A High-Integrity individual who has a strong moral compass?
- Approachable and able to understand the needs of others?
- Adaptive to new ways of thinking and working?
If so, continue reading.
Public Relations Associate and/or Coordinator is responsible for supporting public relations for Anstice clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the media network on behalf of Anstice – develop relationships with print, online and broadcast media for consistent visibility
- Help craft public relations plans in conjunction with senior management
- Ability to pitch media and secure feature stories and product placements for client initiatives
- Continual outreach to producers, TV personalities, influencers and experts
- Help manage, organize and attend all client events
- Develop media materials including pitch documents, press releases, media advisories, media invitations, media lists, media reports, op-eds, etc.
- Manage, create and update media list regularly
- Understanding of measurement dashboards, media metrics and measurements, lead all media relations reporting
- Remain up-to-date on key social influencers within specific markets
- Coordinating integration of influencer/partnerships into media event activation
- Research and create editorial calendars for clients/projects
- Assist with execution of events and promotions
- Share client reports and results regularly with internal team
- Develop regular activity and media reports as per client strategy
Social Media & Content:
- Help manage and create content for various social media platforms
- Track media mentions for clients and Anstice via social networks
- Remain up to date on key social influencers within specific markets
- Understanding and experience working with local and national media (print, radio, television, online, etc.)
- Agency or related experience – ability to manage and execute multiple projects and clients with ease
- Experience drafting media materials including but not limited to press releases, media advisories, media kits, speaking notes, etc.
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- Creative thinking/approach to message creation and story angle development
- Relationship-driven; background in creating and maintaining relationships with local and national media
- Experience with media metric systems and media reporting
- Strong understanding and experience with social media
- Self-assertive with strong initiative; results-oriented
- Ability to work independently but within a collaborative culture – team player
- Fast-learner, open to self-guided learning
- Takes direction easily
- Ability to think strategically
- Deadline driven/able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track-record of earned content portfolio
- Up-to-date on key social influencers and bloggers in Canada
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in public relations (title dependent on experience)
- University Degree or College Diploma specializing in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
At Anstice we believe in fostering growth – for both our clients and employees. We believe that we offer employees a rare opportunity to develop their skill sets through direct experience with all facets of the communications industry, no matter what the title. We provide our staff with the opportunity to design the career runway they wish to see for themselves and their role within the company. Our organizational model differs from traditional agencies as we deem ourselves a “collective” – a small, integrated team internally but with exclusive senior experts/partners who both create and execute unbiased strategies with us on behalf of our clients. Anstice offers a flexible and fun working environment but also fast-paced and highly reactive.
Start Date: June 30, 2017
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Response to Now Hiring: Public Relations Associate and/or Coordinator” in the email subject line.